I am currently recruiting students at undergraduate project, Honours, Masters, and PhD levels.
Please see my CECS Researcher Profile for my research interests and lists of available student projects. Current student projects on offer in 2022 include:
- HCI design of digital and tangible technologies for climate action!
- Developing a web or mobile application to calculate the ANU travel carbon footprint
- Designing digital tools and resources for human research ethics in computer science
- Choose your own project in human-computer interaction
You are also welcome to propose your own project- please contact me to discuss further.
My guiding principles and values when it comes to student supervision are:
- Steer your ship
- Do something that excites you
- Seize opportunities for learning
- Take action every day
- Use time well
- Communicate openly and often
- Be patient and kind
- Take care of yourself and others
- “Never misrepresent the work of others as your own” (Prof Steve Blackburn’s Golden Rule)